Sunday, April 19, 2009

Changes

As most people know, Jon lost his job with Pulte Homes about a month ago. We have been searching for a new job and we found one about a week ago, in Logan Utah. Therefore, this Friday we are leaving our beloved home and friends and starting a new adventure. Everything happened so quickly, (Jon is starting this Monday and coming back to help us move this Friday), that we haven't found a place to live yet, so we are staying with my parents until we can find somewhere. It has been a sad week saying good bye to people we care about. Dyl said goodbye to his wonderful occupational therapist Shannon. She has been such an inspirational person in his life and has done so much for him.
On Saturday night, my friends threw a goodbye party for me. It was so incredible. I am going to miss them all so much, but I know I will always have a place to stay when I come and visit. I want to thank Jenna and Kate for organizing the party and getting so many people to come. I know I am so blessed to have so many amazing women as friends. Thank you all so much, you will be missed greatly.



13 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I didn't know jon was out of work. I am glad you found something so quick. It's always hard to leave great friends. I wish you luck and I hope you keep blogging so we can see what's going on with you guys.

Haguewood Family said...

You are moving to Logan??? Ty is a realtor up here. If you need some help looking, let us know. You will have to look us up!

Alisa said...

Oh I am sad to hear you leaving. Not that we saw each other anyways but It was still nice knowing you were here. I wish you guys the best!

Callisters said...

I am so glad that everything worked out for you guys. What will he be doing in Logan? When we lived in Logan we loved it! That will be fun having you stay at your mom's house, it will be fun to see you more often. You will have to come to Enrichment next Wed!!! See you soon.

Jeremy and Taren said...

Looks like you had a great time. Too bad I wasn't invited. Ha ha. I love you and you are such a great friend.

Diane Jaggi said...

We will miss you! Where is Jon get his new job? John is from Logan - we are there about twice a year.

Emily B said...

What time did you say you are packing on Friday? I'll see if Kevin can get off a little early to come help.

Cadle Clan said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't read your blog for a while and look at all the changes. Congrats on the new job and I'm excited for you guys and the new adventure ahead.

Ash, call me when you have a second! I miss you tons! :)

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I am really sad Jon lost his job, but way excited you are moving back this way. I can't wait to see you. I hardly ever see anyone.

Wendy said...

I'm sorry you have to leave. That ward and those women are awesome. HOWEVER. You will now be MUCH closer to me, and this makes me gleeful. I love me some Ashley!!

Alison Carter said...

I will miss you Ashley! Thank you for your friendship while you were here! You were always an awesome visiting teacher too! Keep blogging so I can see what your sweet family is up too. Good luck with everything in Utah, I'm sure it will be nice to be closer to family after being away for so long.

The Birds said...

What a great tribute to you that your friends would go out of their way to let you know how much you will be missed! I almost cried when I read this post that you would have to leave all that behind...BUT, we're so excited that you'll be a bit closer now!!! I'd LOVE to get together! I'm sure your family is ecstatic that you're closer too! I'm so glad things are working out with Jon getting a new job and all. Good luck with the house hunt. We've been thinking about you a lot and wish you all the best!
~Chandi

Emilee said...

Um, I was wondering why I haven't seen a post from you for a while. And I just realized that it's because you went private. Silly me! We sure miss you guys around here. I hope Jon's job is going well... and that you are all adjusting.