Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family and Indiana Lan

My mom, dad and brother were able to come see us last week. My dad and brother had to drive down to Arizona to help my grandma move, but my mom was able to stay with me from Tuesday until Saturday morning. It was so much fun. It was almost like I got a vacation, since my kids would not let me do anything with them. Livie wouldn't let me take her to the potty, dress her, do her hair, etc. etc. Dylan was the same. I love that they love them so much. Livie has inherited the Reese woman gene of playing footsies. Luckily, she likes to play footsies with my mom. She would always position herself so their feet were touching.

My mom taught them a cute new Halloween song. Dylan thought it was "spooky" at first, but then he loved it, especially the tickles at the end.


Dylan has really been into pretending lately, either he is a pirate, or his alter ego, Indiana Lan, (Lan as in dyLAN). He has Jon and I tell him adventure stories that Indiana Lan goes on. His dress up is an orange construction hat and sunglasses. When I tucked him in tonight, he said: Say goodnight to Indiana Lan mom. What a cutie.

11 comments:

The Reese's said...

so cute! i love the pirate outfit! glad you got to visit with the family, looks like you guys had fun. can't beat a nice break with some help from a mom.

Emily B said...

I also love the pirate costume. Rebecca asked to be a pirate for Halloween this year. Instead we convinced her to be a princess. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family.

Emilee said...

LAN is the cutest name- how clever that Dylan is!

california smiths said...

Looks like you had so much fun with them in town. I love the way Livie's hair is done in the pic with Becky.

Alee and Brandon said...

Don't you love it when they love other people?!!! My kids are so much easier with family!! It's the best! Love the pirate costume! Cute.

Pam said...

OH, I miss your mom! Tell her hello:) What an adorable video.

Dave and Krisha said...

How great is your mom! I also love visits from gma! I get a nice vacation too! If I recall correctly, your mom taught that song to me during dance class when I was a little girl! and how cute are your dad and Cody. Tell them I said hello!

theoskilanecfamily said...

Your mom is so darling!!! Dylan is so handsome in his pirate outfit!!!

Wendy said...

Imaginative kids are the best. I love that he has costumes he wears- I thought that was strictly a girl thing, but I'm giddy that a little boy loves to dress up. He is going to be my favorite soon.

Christie said...

I know it was a great break for your mom also to come visit. She misses you and the kids so much. Glad you got to spend some time together. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. I think Whit and Chrystal are helping with the kids the night you go to Forgotten Carols, they are so excited!!!! The kids are dolls. Christie

The Birds said...

Ash,
I LOVE Dylan, SO much. He just makes my day!! I love that his alter ego is "Indiana Lan", seriously, too good!! Also, I just love your mom and dad. They are so cute! It's amazing what your parents will do for your kids that you could NEVER get them to do for you, eh?!! Yeah, I get it all the time! Oh, and I love the glasses Jon's mom sent. They're great!!! Love and miss you!
~Chandi