Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sundays

We had the primary program at church today, and all of the kids did a fantastic job. A big THANKS to all of the leaders for all of their hard work. Dyl said his part, and he did good as well. That's about where it stopped. The rest of church was a nightmare! He just had a really hard time. To try and think positive, I decided to post some funny things my kids said this weekend, to try and forget the bad stuff. First off, here's a clip of Dylan saying his part. Livie didn't have a part because she is still in nursery, but she decided to copy Dylan anyway.
My kids have been watching Annie a lot. They have come up with some pretty creative thoughts from it. For instance:
Livie: Those kids are sad.
Mom: Yeah they are. Do you know why?
Livie: Because they don't have a mom and dad.

Dylan: I want an orphan for Christmas.
(We're working on that kid.)

Dylan (with a big cheesy grin): Look at me mom, what am I doing?
Mom: Ummm smiling?
Dylan: Yeah, now I am fully dressed.

A couple of other funny things that they have said the last couple of days:
Dylan: (At six in the morning) Mom! Wake Up! I have a problem!
Mom: Whats wrong?
Dylan: I can find anything to eat that is delicious!

Dylan: (While holding a vitamin) I found my nuts!

Livie: (When we were grocery shopping) Oh mom thank you! You got carrots. Now I can feed Bulls Eye. (see picture below)
Livie: (After putting on chap stick) Look at my lips Dylan.
Dylan: Oh my heavens! You just look darling!

And my ultimate favorite. Livie kept trying to take her clothes off:
Mom: Livie, you need to leave your clothes on, you are a lady.
Livie: And you are a tramp.

8 comments:

Emilee said...

A tramp? Wow Ashley you sure are teaching great things over there! Just kidding! I thought Dylan did GREAT today! He only got restless on the stand at the very end- it's a LONG time to be still for anyone!

The Reese's said...

your kids are so creative! and i love the video of dyl doing his primary part! and happy anniversary, we'll see you guys soon :)

Christie said...

Hey Ashy, I can't believe it's been eight years. You still seem like my little neighbor. Anyway you were a beautiful bride and you're getting prettier with age. And I don't think you're a tramp. HAHA!!!

Emily B said...

Oh my gosh - your kids are a hoot. I love when you post the stuff they say. And I love Annie. I used to watch it every day when I was little. When I would leave the room, my brothers and sisters would turn it off because they were so sick of it. I would come back in the room screaming, and my mom would tell them to turn it back on. They all still hate that movie to this day.

The Baileys said...

Wow, Dylan is such a comedian and Livie is such a doll.

Diane Jaggi said...

That is the cutest thing! Kids thoughts and conversions - love em!

The Birds said...

Your kids are SO fetching funny! Thanks for sharing, it made my whole day!
~Chandi

PS- Congrats on your anniversary!!! 8 years - Holy Crap! Where did the time go?

vickersfam said...

Why are your kids so HILARIOUS? Some of my favorite posts are the ones where you recap the funny things they say.