Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas. We started by having a great party at my mom and dad's house on Christmas Eve. The kids were so excited, nothing we could do would calm them down. So they settled on wrestling each other to the ground. They acted out the nativity. I took a picture of Dylan's costume before but we didn't get any during the actual event. The kids did fantastic. They opened up their jammies and looked so darling.

The next morning was perfect. I haven't had a Christmas morning in my house since Livie was born. The kids were darling. They were so excited and so happy with everything they received. We had been working on present manners so I was glad that they were so grateful for everything that everyone gave them. After going back to my mom and dads house, we headed to Provo. Jon's mom and dad just got back from Hawaii so our presents had a Hawaiian theme. The kids share a bed while we are there and I couldn't resist snapping a cute picture of them snuggling up together. Everything was perfect until the next morning. A couple of kids the night before had started getting sick, but we thought we were okay. Then it hit me. I knew I was getting sick so we went home early. The night all four of us had the worst stomach flu I have ever had. Jon was the hero of the night running back and forth to each kids room while I was downstairs almost dead on the floor. Luckily twelve hours later we had stopped vomiting and we are recuperating. We have Clorox and Lysoled every inch of our house and have used our washing machine for almost 48 hours straight. But if you exclude that, it was one of the best Christmases ever!

6 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

Glad your feeling better! What a great Christmas you had.

The Reese's said...

glad you guys are better, we've had a boring couple of days. we are definitely going to have to exchange some pictures though.

Cadle Clan said...

Merry Christmas! I'm glad you guys are feeling better! You're kids are so cute!

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear about the flu that almost ruined Christmas. It sounds like you guys had a busy, happy couple of days though.

And isn't so nice to have Christmas morning in your own place? Yeesh, I love it.

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are feeling better!! We had it at the beginning of December and it was the worst! When Brig told me you weren't feeling well I was worrying about ya on the drive home, that is definitely not a fun drive especially when you feel like death :)So good to see you guys!!! Love you!

Heidi said...

Cute pictures of the kids tearing into their presents. I too am glad you survived having been a victim of the "barfs"!