Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

We had the best Fourth of July. We decided to go stay in St. George at my grandma's house. We started out by going to the water area. The kids love it. Dylan was obsessed with this little leaf. He called it his Little Blue Man, and watched it float all around the stream.

Later that night we went to the park and watched the fireworks. The kids loved them, but Livie didn't like the loud ones. We had to get them glow sticks, what is the fourth without those? They also had fun little rides for the kids.
The kids were pretty worn out after days of partying, and so we did a lot of relaxing.
Before Jon's parents came down, we decided to take the kids to the Wildlife Museum. It was pretty neat. They gave the kids binoculars and they loved it. Later that night we went swimming at Jon's family's timeshare.
Before we came home on Sunday, we went to walk around the temple with Jon's parents. Dylan asked me if I would take him to the temple one day. When I told him that I would, he said: "Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see their sick nursery."

13 comments:

Emily B said...

I forgot about those glow sticks. I guess I haven't seen them in a while. We always had those on the 4th of July when I was little.

The Reese's said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. i didn't realize there's that much to do in st.george, we mainly stick to the same stuff. we'll be down there in a month though so we'll have to make sure we see you guys. :)

The Holmgrens said...

Looks fun. I haven't been to St. George forever. Could you tell me how you do you collages? I use Picasa, but I really like how you make them different sizes and stuff. You way look like your mom to me in those pictures. Which is great, because she is way beautiful.

Valerie said...

Wow, you guys were super busy. Looks like lots of fun.

As a side note, I love your hair long, Ashley :)

The Simpson Family said...

I seriously am so jealous that of your activities! Take me with you next time. Welcome back, though, hopefully you'll have a nice transition back into reality.

california smiths said...

That looks like you had so much fun. we were in vegas on the 4th, i really need to call you since you know all the good places for kids. i might come down in august when adam is out of town for 3 weeks working. I will definatly give you a call!

Emily B said...

Ashley - You know I'm ready for the Breaking Dawn release party. I wish it were tomorrow. By the way, I love your music. You pick some good stuff.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and it is always better to share the memories with family!

Alison Carter said...

How fun Ashley! Looks like your kids were loving it! That's nice that you guys got to get away for the holiday.

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Ummm- can I just say that it is not fair that you are so photogenic? I swear you look good in every picture. Looks like you guys had a great time. What's this I hear about a "Breaking Dawn" party? I'm counting down the days till that one comes out.

Alee and Brandon said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you guys had a good time!

Joell said...

Never a dull day in the life of the Vegas Bailey's. Looks like good family fun!

Callisters said...

Looks like lots of fun and very busy. I love your little Dylans comments. I wonder where he has heard the "sick nursery" before?!!!