Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Mom

My mom was such a lifesaver this week. She stayed with me for a week while I had my surgery. I don't know what I would have done without her. She did everything for me. It is really hard for me to just lay there, and I was supposed to be on bed rest for three whole days. My mom was so sweet. The kids had the best time. Livie is so in love with her. She always had to be touching her. Both the kids picked her to say their personal prayers with, and Livie always had to have her grandma do her hair. I am so grateful that I have a mom like her. I don't know how I could ever repay her for all that she does for me. I love you mom, and we all miss you tons!

10 comments:

Jeremy and Taren said...

I am so glad your mom could come and help you out. Sounds like the kids had a great time with their grandma. How are you feeling? Call me if you need anything.

The Simpson Family said...

Ash, I love that picture where their touching feet...adorable. I'm ahppy that she was here fore you too! I love you and I'm praying for you!

Emily B said...

I hope you are doing better, Ashley. Please call me if you need anything. I'm glad you could have your mom here for a little bit.

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

It's so good to "hear" from you! Isn't it amazing how kids seems to latch on to love? What a great Mom you have. She would have to be, to have had a great daughter like you. Hug and High-fives! I'm thinking about you. Kate

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey Ash, you mom is so darling. She is so pretty, just like you. It was so cute when she came to my door to give me that thank-you note (which by the way I couldn't believe how fast you did that!), she was just like "Thanks, Steph" Like she had known me for years. :)Hopefully you are feeling a little better and will be up for doing something fun soon! Love ya!

Sara B said...

How fun to have your mom around to help. Hope you are healing well. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hibbard Family said...

Moms are so priceless, especially in times of need. I hope you start to feel better and we start seeing you soon! xoxo

Valerie said...

Hope you're feeling much better. That's so nice that your mom could come and help you out.

Callisters said...

Moms are wonderful! I am glad that she was able to come and help out as well, having your mom there I am sure made it so you could rest. How did everything go, I have been thinking about you. I hope you are feeling better.

vickersfam said...

I know this is way late, but I'm so glad to know your mom was with you for that week. How are you doing now? I'm going to call you again to chat, because I'm saddened by our breakup news! :(