Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Mountain Ranch

This past Saturday our family went on an outing to Spring Mountain Ranch. Livie and I had been there a couple of times, but it was Jon and Dylan's first time. It is so beautiful up there. Not everything was in bloom, but the mountains next to the little lake is breathtaking. Livie loved feeding the horse. She got a little upset when the horse sucked on her finger for a minute, but then she convinced herself the "horse thought my finger was a little piece of grass." Dylan was bound and determined to catch a duck with his makeshift weed fishing pole, but the ducks were a little too smart for that. Anyone who lives in Vegas should go up there. It is such a beautiful open space that is filled with history. By the way, I know the sweater I am wearing is ugly, but it is warm and comfortable and it was chilly up there.

9 comments:

california smiths said...

My mother-in-law has always wanted to take us there and I have put it off. Maybe next time we will go, looks like a lot of fun!

Wendy said...

Well, I was going to comment on your ugly sweater, but since you did it first, I have nothing to say. (Kidding. Stupid internet without tone of voice. Kills all my jokes.)

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey,I was thinking you looked cute in that sweater! We have never been to this place, where is it? How are you?

The Reese's said...

looks like fun. hope all is well and we'll see ya in a couple weeks.

The Baileys said...

That looks so beautiful! The picture of Livie and Dillon on the rock is really cute!

Jeremy and Taren said...

Love the cute pics. How have you been? I have been gone and missed church for the last 3 weeks. Please call me sometime. Also, I am sorry that your look alike husband went home tonight on American Idol. Ha ha Sorry! Miss you.

Emily B said...

I'm with Stephanie - I like the sweater.

Hibbard Family said...

We love to go out there, it is such a beautiful place to spend the day. And yeah, your sweater is so NOT ugly. You're too funny!

Cadle Clan said...

Looks like fun! You always look so cute...the picture with dillon sitting next to the tree is really cute!