Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Well we are finally home from our Christmas in Utah. We had so much fun, but it was sooo cold, with a lot of snow. Perfect for Christmas, but I am glad to be back to a warmer climate. I am going to remember the best parts of each of the highlights of our trip.

Temple Square:
Dylan wanting to marry Livie in the temple, and asking random people to let him in.
Dylan thinking a real guy was a mannequin, and being amazed that he talked.
My kids loving the train ride up there, and anxiously awaiting the ride home.
Dylan and Livie loving the Christ pictures and the Christus statue.
The beautiful lights, temple and atmosphere.
Snow fun:
Watching Jon snow blow a sledding hill for the kids in the backyard.
Dylan and Emma's snowman with "sharpy" carrot teeth.
Dylan becoming a speed demon down all sorts of sledding hills.

Bailey Family Christmas party:
Santa Clause.
Livie running terrified away from Santa Clause.
Livie running back to grab her present, and then running away again.
The family pictures.
The cute gingerbread houses.
The wonderful cousins, Livie's "grills".
Spending time with a fantastic family.
Notice in the group shot, one of my kids is acting crazy and the other is picking her nose. My kids do not photograph well.
Christmas Day:
Seeing the kids expressions when they opened their presents and saw the bikes Santa brought them.
Hearing what the kids would give Jesus for a Christmas present, (Dylan would give Him a fire car, and Livie would give Him a white castle.)
Wii Games, especially the old school Mario Brothers.
George Sandwiches
Watching the cousins have so much fun.
Being with people I love.

The rest of the Christmas holiday:
Seeing Denver, Lexie, and Livie sneak a box of Wheat Thins and consume them.
Watching Livie and Lexie, and then my dad wrestle Uncle Cody.
Hearing the blessing my dad and Jon gave Livie when she got the flu.
Feeling the spirit of the holiday, and the spirit of our Lord.
Including a picture of Cody and Shi, since he thinks I never have him in pictures.

Also, here are some pictures of Livie and Lexie's first sleepover.
(At the bottom is a picture of Cody in his cowboy getup, now you have to love me Cody!)
Thank you Shi for enduring the girls that night.






12 comments:

The Reese's said...

looks like a fun trip. i had to laugh at all your memories!

Alee and Brandon said...

Fun trip, Ashley! I wish I took as many cute pictures as you do! :)

Emily B said...

I'm glad you had a fun Christmas. And I'm glad you're back!

Wendy said...

I was wondering if you guys made it to and from Tremonton alright with the storm of death that came through! I'm glad to see you did! Thanks again for making time to see me. I was very much in need of that. And I'm glad you had a great Christmas!

california smiths said...

What a fun Christmas! I am sure that it was fun to be there for a white Christmas storm!

Valerie said...

Great Christmas memories and pictures, Ashley. Looks like your Christmas was awesome!

The Holmgrens said...

I drove past your parent's house and wondered if you were there. Sounds like you had fun. We almost came to Vegas to get away, but decided not to. Your kids are too cute!

The Smith Family said...

WOW...it looks like you guys had an amazing Christmas!! I love the pictures from Temple Square. It is such a beautiful place and you always feel so good being there. It's to cute the way Dylan wanted to marry Livie too...funny!

Hibbard Family said...

I noticed Livie in that group shot right away - that is too funny.

The Birds said...

I'm so mad that I didn't call you so we could have gotten together! I thought you may be up, but trying to fit both families in is almost impossible let alone any friend time, but it would have been great to see you, darn it! Looks like you had a great time! Your kiddos are ADORABLE! I just love them!
~Chandi

vickersfam said...

I'm glad you also had a nice Christmas in Utah. We didn't make it to Temple Square, but I'm glad you did. One of these years we should go there together! Seriously, we should plan a time to both visit Utah at the same time. Just us and the kids. Although we might not all fit in the same car. Okay, let's hang out in Vegas then.

janet said...

so glad you have a fun trip visiting your family. I love temple square. We didn't go because it was so cold. The snow storms were pretty crazy!