Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Snow!

We got so much snow yesterday. They actually cancelled school today. Dylan was home yesterday due to parent teacher conference, and so he and Livie were able to play together. They had so much fun! They couldn't stay out too long, because we didn't have any snow pants or boots, because why would we need them? The snow falling was beautiful, but I remembered what I don't like about snow. Everything that comes in is wet. From the kids clothes to the dogs. It doesn't go well with wood floors. But, we are going to enjoy it while it lasts.



We also made a gingerbread house out of graham crackers. Jon impressed us by making his own frosting, and then making some split level house. I am more of the slap four sides together with a flat roof, but the kids loved Jon's design. Dylan also made this candy train at school. It is missing a few pieces from it. The candy they used was delicious.


8 comments:

california smiths said...

I can't believe that snow! Hell finally freezed over,h huh? j/k! You know I LOVE Las Vegas.

Wendy said...

"The candy they used was delicious." Heeheehee.

The Reese's said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe there is that much snow! and wow on the gingerbread houses, jon is way to creative for me. Those are awesome!

Emilee said...

Go Jon! I'm with you- 4 walls & a flat roof are the way to go. I love the snow... for 2 days out of the year.:)

Emily B said...

I love Jon the homebuilder's Christmas house. He would be the person who would know how to be creative with that. It's funny to see those pictures of your yard and neighborhood. Those pictures do not look like they were taken in Vegas.

Alee and Brandon said...

Isn't that crazy?! We were slammed over here in Oregon too!!! We even lost our electricity for a couple days!

vickersfam said...

Fun snow and Christmas times! The snow was such a treat!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.