Monday, December 1, 2008

The Nativity

For family home evening, Jon and I watched the 5 minute Nativity movie with the kids, and then we reenacted it with their Little People Nativity set. They both seemed to love the story, and understand the message we were trying to get across. After we were done with the story, Dylan asked if he could tell the story to us. He started repeating the story in very impressive detail. Jon and I were beaming with pride. Then the Wise Men came to give presents to Baby Jesus. What happened next, knocked our pride down a few pegs.
Dylan: Then the wise men come and take baby Jesus away. Then they lock Him in the chokey.
Ummm, yeah, that wasn't exactly the story we tried to get across. I guess we need to keep working on that.

8 comments:

The Reese's said...

he'll get it eventually! too funny!

The Smith Family said...

Dylan made me laugh out loud. To funny! We are going to do this for next week's FHE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend!
I love this. I will have to sit with Abbi and do this for FHE. She loves to play with her little people. :0)
question for you... I have a new email,and I just had a question about funding. my new email is cg.tracy99@gmail.com...
Thanks friend
Crystal

Hibbard Family said...

so, whats the chokey??

Callisters said...

I wonder if we get lots of points for trying? Isn't that all that matters?!!!!

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey Ash! It was so good to hear from you on my blog. I have been such a slacker in that area lately. We should try and get together sometime soon? I know this time of year is so busy, but maybe we can squeeze lunch in or something. :)
Dylan says the funniest things, he is such a crack up! lol

Jon and Ashley said...

Jenna, I don't know if you have ever seen or read Matilda, but the chokey is the horrible close that the principal Ms. Trunchbull puts the naughty students in.

Emily B said...

I was also wondering about the chokey. I read Matilda, and now I have a mental picture from your explanation. I love that Little People Nativity. My kids love Little People, so we really should get one.