Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a really fun Thanksgiving vacation. We started it out in Provo, with Jon's family. Dyl and Livie were so excited to see Emma and Gavin. Dyl was feeling a little antsy on Sunday, so we took him up to Bridal Veil Falls to hike around. It was soooo cold! But the kids loved it.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Jon's family that night. Livie loves all of her girlie cousins. We took the kids to Gardner Village and Dylan especially loved the store with all of the little houses and villages.

We headed up to Tremonton on Wednesday and started the second half of our vacation. Thanksgiving day was wonderful. It was so fun seeing everyone and watching the kids with their cousins. We made some darling crafts which the kids loved. I started goofing around with the pipe cleaners and made myself a crown, which started a trend. All of the kids wanted one. Livie had her first sleepover with her cousin Lexie, (pictures to come, once I get them from Shi,). She did so good. I had a hard time with it. I wanted to go get her, but I'm glad she had so much fun. She and Lexie are already planning another one for the Christmas vacation.

Friday, Cody and Shiloh took Dyl and Livie to ride horses. Livie is a natural. She even rode one bare back! She didn't want to get off and share the horse.

That night, my whole family left the kids at home and went to see the Forgotten Carols. We had a great and entertaining dinner at the Coppermill, and went to see the show. We finished off the night with pie at my parents house. It was so much fun, although it is great to be home. We had so many good times, and I am looking forward to Christmas!

6 comments:

california smiths said...

Is Stacy flipping off the camera in the restaurant pictures? And Jeff and Coby are covering their faces with napkins? The Reeses are an interesting bunch! :) Looks like so much fun, what an action packed week!

The Reese's said...

cute pictures! i'll definitely need some of yours too! denver loved looking at them and was wondering why shiloh is mad in the last picture.

Alee and Brandon said...

Fun stuff! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Wendy said...

I hope that for your Christmas trip you schedule in a little visit with your beloved ME.

Emily B said...

I also noticed the bird being flipped in that last set of pictures. That is something that someone in my family would during a picture too.

Christie said...

Hey Ashley,
I was so mad I didn't get to see you. Right next door and I couldn't come over, I'm a great neighbor. Huh!!! Chrystal said that your kids were angels for her. She thinks Dylan is a little man. She said he was so darling and Livie was a doll. Glad you had such a great time. I will see you at Christmas!!!!