Monday, September 8, 2008

10 things that make me SMILE

* Dylan asking me if our new fish were dieting. (The other fish we had died in one day, so he was trying to ask if the new ones were dying, but it came out a lot cuter.)

* Livie telling Dylan that he needed to be quiet in church for Jesus.

* The show Prison Break is new again.

* Dylan sleeping with a picture of Jesus on his bed, to help him with his nightmares of scary six inch men that smile with their eyes pulled down.

* Livie going potty on her first public toilet.

* It is thundering outside.

* Church. It is so nice to go to church every week and get that spiritual lift.

* Livie and Dylan saying their prayers. I don't know where they come up with some of the stuff they pray for, but I love it.

* Livie's hilarious breakfast drama. Every time she drops a piece of cereal, our hoover, Zoey, sucks it up as fast as she can. Livie is then devastated, and will only be pacified if I give her a piece of cereal from my bowl. She ends with a tearful thank you mommy.

* The new fish we purchased have lived for three days at our house, and not once has a car or pretty pony been thrown in the bowl.

(Yes, Livie is wearing a hat with a Cinderella dress, and Dylan has a table runner wrapped around him like a vest.)

4 comments:

The Reese's said...

so cute! i think you can be alot happier when you concentrate on what makes you smile instead of worrying about what is driving us nuts!

janet said...

it's the little moments that make us happy! Love this post!

california smiths said...

Darling! Those things made me smile too! I think that pic of Living makes her look so much like a Reese! I can just see Coby and Denver in her smile.

The Mashy Family said...

I love that you took time to remember all the things that make you happy and smile. I should really try that sometime!