Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pump It Up

Dylan's class, and a few other autistic classes went to Pump it Up together on Friday. It was so cute. All of these kids running around, and none of them were playing with each other. One of the Pump It Up employees brought out a red car, and the kids went crazy. Dylan commandeered the car, and whenever I made him share with the others, he followed them around on the hippity-hop ball, examining the wheels. It still amazes me to see how far Dylan has come. Some of the kids that had just started the program were standing there covering their ears and not playing. It reminded me so much of Dylan last year. His improvement is fantastic. He rarely covers his ears anymore.

5 comments:

Thurston Fam said...

Your family is so beautiful, and I love checking up with you! It would be so fun to get together! I'm on that side of town all the time now! Are you near blue diamond/torrey pines? Hope all is well, let me know if your game?

Valerie said...

Looks like such a fun day. Those pump it up places are always a big hit. And that red car, seriously kids go crazy for those. Last summer when were were living with my parents, my brother had 2 of them for his kids and it was the source of much fighting all summer long, especially since we didn't have one (oh, and my brother's family was living there too at the time). Looks like we'll have to make that purchase for Will, since Owen didn't get one. Oh, and Ashley, I hope you guys can make a trip out to Nauvoo too...you would love it!

Emilee said...

Looks like a fun day & I'm sure it was rewarding to see that the last year of hard work has paid off with his progress!

The Simpson Family said...

Glad to see you guys had a good time! Oh by the way, Xan says Livie is his princess, he loves the pic to the right!

Anonymous said...

Friend!
This screems sensory to me... :0) I can say things like that to you! I bet your family loved this... love the pictures! Your family is beautiful!
Thanks for your friendship!
Crystal