Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Teasing Fish

The last two days have been so funny to me. My kids have just been on their game. Here are a few examples:

Dylan: Come outside Livie, it is WINTER!
(This being said at 7:30 in the morning, when it is about 74 degrees.)

Livie: Running out of the bathroom yelling, I POOPED, I POOPED, when we had the missionaries at her house, eating dinner.

Dylan: I don't want the missionaries to come to dinner, I want Jesus to come.

Last, but probably the worst, our little mishap this morning.

I woke up to Dylan sitting on my bed with that look on his face. The first words out of his mouth were, "I did something bad to the fish tank." I knew what was coming. The last couple of days he has been trying to catch the little bugger. This is how the rest of the conversation went:
Me: What did you do Dyl?
Dyl: I caught the fishy, and he was squishy, and I put him in the big hole in the sink.
Me: Why, oh why did you do that?
Dyl: Because he was teasing me.
Later when I was brushing his teeth, he told me he was sorry he threw the fish in the hole. We scooped it up out of the disposal and gave him a proper burial in the toilet. Dylan thought it was great that he could "swim" in there now. I think this may be our last fish for awhile.

12 comments:

The Simpson Family said...

may he rest in piece, or pieces as it were!

The Reese's said...

that is one of the funniest things i've read in awhile. i've debated on a fish for the kids but after reading that i think i'll wait for a long time.

Emily B said...

I guess growing up in Las Vegas means that 74 is winter. I grew up here, and I would have to agree.
Also, sorry about your fish, although I'm sure you were happy to see it go.

california smiths said...

hehehe! Courtney said the same thing when the missionaries were at our house, but she happened to be pantless when she came out. *sigh* what do you do right? goodbye to the latest fish, may he swim with joy!

Wendy said...

At least he didn't turn the disposal on... or did he?

Hibbard Family said...

The disposal was my first thought. Was your fish presentable for an open-toilet viewing?

theoskilanecfamily said...

I love your stories you put on your blog of your darling kids! It just makes my day they are too cute! But I have to say about the sad little fishy may he rest in piece! Oh I meant Peace!

Dave and Krisha said...

I love to read your blog! Dylan is hilarious! The fish story is so something that would happen at my house! Boys!!!

Cadle Clan said...

I love it! I loved Dylan's comment about wanting Jesus to come to dinner. What a cutie! It was so nice to talk with you the other day (and now I can see your blog as well!). Have a great Conference Weekend!

Valerie said...

I've never had much luck with fish either, so tell Dylan not to worry :)

HeidiLynnn said...

Dylan,
I know how it feels to be teased. I "get" you.
Aunt HeidiLynn

HeidiLynnn said...

Dylan,
I know how it feels to be teased. I "get" you.
Aunt HeidiLynn