Monday, September 15, 2008

Dylan and Livie's Jesus

I love my kids views and opinions on Jesus. Last night we were reading in 3rd Nephi, when Jesus comes to the America's, and it started a little discussion.
Dylan: "Jesus comes into my blue room. He stands right there and fixes my scary light."

Jon and I looked at each other and said, wow Dyl, that's great.

Dylan then goes into further explanation: "Jesus lives in a big big big giant house in the sky. He drives a Herbie, an ice cream truck, and a spaceship to get to the temple."

As if on cue, Livie opens the blinds and looks at the sky and shouts:

"There He is! There's Jesus Mommy."

I think Dylan has his idea of what heaven would be like, and to Dylan, no heaven would be complete without a Herbie car and a spaceship! You have to love the innocence of children.

9 comments:

Jeremy and Taren said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know we won't be home until Sunday evening. I'll call you when I get back. Have a great week.

janet said...

love it. If he would have stopped at Jesus fixing the scary light, we would have believed him... but Herbie and ice cream trucks?

so cute!

The Reese's said...

that's so cute! i just think it's great that they know so much! i don't think denver could even come up with that :) love his comments on your side. they always make me laugh.

Emily B said...

Yesterday Rebecca told me that she wanted to go see Heavenly Father and Jesus after her dance class. Where do these kids come up with this stuff.

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how kids think... I sometimes wish I could go back to that innocence! Thanks for sharing hope you and your family are doing well! Take care!!!!
Crystal

Valerie said...

That is too cute, Ashley! Gotta love what our little ones come up with.

The Smith Family said...

That is absolutely wonderful. Children are so special!!

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I love it!!!!!

Christie said...

Hey Ash,
Your kids are darling!!! Thanks for inviting me. Sorry I missed seeing you last time you were up. Next time!!! Christie

vickersfam said...

That's adorable.