Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ode to Helpers


Today I am feeling so blessed for all of the helpers in my life. We have so many people that are there for us, it is just amazing. Dylan's Occupational therapist, Shannon, is such an incredible blessing in our life. She has taught us so many great things to help with Dylan's sensory issues. She is always there on weekends or at night, when Dyl is in meltdown mode. I am also so very grateful for my kids church leaders. They learn so much from them and my kids love going to church. I am so grateful for Dylan's school teachers. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them, but Dylan is doing better every single day. They are doing things with him, that I know I wouldn't be able to do. Living away from family can sometimes be hard, but I am so blessed with friends that are always there for me. I am also so very grateful for my husband. I know how hard he works during the day, but when he gets home, he is so helpful with the kids and dishes and everything else. I know this post may sound a little cheesey, but sometimes, I think others need to know how grateful you are for them.

10 comments:

The Simpson Family said...

I agree. Where would we be without helpers.

california smiths said...

It is nice to know we don't have to do it alone! Its also nice to know that in someway, we are helpers to other people too!

Jane said...

What a cute picture! I love having olivia in nursery, she is so cute, and I of course loved it when I had Dylan. I'm glad you have so many great people to help you. It's so important when living away from family!

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey you. I feel the same way, it is so nice to have people and friends to rely on. It's pretty difficult being away from family sometimes.
I'm loving this blog thing, it is a great way to keep up with everyone.

Sara B said...

i love your "cheesy" post. We all need to take time to take time to thanks those who help us make through each day.

janet said...

way to give a shout out to all your peeps. It is SO true about needing to have others around when you don't live by your family. very thoughtful and cheesy post! We need more of them!

and I am SO not recovered from last night!!

Emily B said...

You guys do so much to help Dylan have a normal, happy childhood. What a lucky kid to have such caring parents.
Emily =)

Alee and Brandon said...

I know. I'm so thankkful to have church in my life and the wonderful people it brings.

Alee and Brandon said...

Hey again! Thanks! I actually do my own blog from my digital scrapbooking stuff and mess around with the HTML. If you ever have anything specific you are looking for I could make it for you (maybe).

Alee and Brandon said...

Hey, email me what color scheme you'd like and I'll see what I have that might work...