Friday, February 29, 2008

Jesus and the Temple


Dylan and Livie and I were in my room getting some new towels out of my cedar chest, when we found these two ceramic figurines. I had made them when I was in Young Womens. Dylan got so excited and grabbed the temple and the Jesus and ran into his room. After I finished getting my towels and putting the rest of the stuff back, I went to see what Dyl was up to. He had lined them up next to each other and was putting his cars in front of it. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that all these people went to the temple. When I asked him what Jesus was doing, he told me that Jesus goes in the temple. I was so stunned. They pick up so much when they are little. I also think they remember some things from before they were born. He asked me if the Jesus and the temple could stay in his room for the night. Of course I couldn't tell him no. They are still on his tramp. The whole thing was so precious.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Callisters said...

So cute! Honestly kids are so smart. It makes all those Sundays when you get home from Church and you are stressed out to the max and want to pull out all of your hair because your kids where not that good worth it because they are learning so much! So grateful for the Gospel! (Oh and it helps to have a wonderful Bishop!!!)

california smiths said...

That seriously made me want to cry. So sweet.

Sara B said...

don't you just love those tender moments!

Valerie said...

That is the sweetest thing! Our church building shares the same parking lot as the St. Paul temple and every Sunday Owen points to the temples as we're going to church as says, "I see the Temple. I go there when I'm bigger. I see the angel." I so agree with you about our little ones not forgetting some things...

Alee and Brandon said...

That's so adorable. They pick up so much!!

PS Love the pink!!

camilla said...

Ashley-
I am so glad that you found my blog! It is so good to hear how you are doing. Your kids are adorable. I am jealous that you are in such a warm climate. I am so sick of winter and snow. You look great! Thanks for your sweet comment. -Camilla
PS Tell your parents hi for me, I had so much fun with them in highschool

Jane said...

That's such a cute story. I think kids pick up on way more than we think they do!

The Reese's said...

ash, cute story and i love the pictures. when coby and read that we were just amazed that they can be that smart. see you wednesday!