Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Jon had to work late last night, therefore, our entire night time schedule was thrown off. The kids were going to bed a little later, so we decided to skip scriptures and go straight to the rock and cuddle. Jon was just sitting down in the chair when Livie came walking in holding her book of Mormon and said:
"I need some Jesus."

As shameful as it was to be rebuked by a two year old, I was so impressed with her love for Jesus and for the scriptures. Not only did I learn a very important lesson from her, but I hope she continues to love the gospel and of course, her Jesus.

8 comments:

The Reese's said...

that's so cute! you guys must be doing a great job to have her say something like that.

The Holmgrens said...

I'm glad that Livie likes Jesus. When we were reading scriptures the other night Marissa told me that she was scared of Jesus. I don't know where I went wrong?

california smiths said...

I am not sure where I went wrong either, Courtney has started saying she doesn't like the scriptures and she bloody murder screams when it comes to go to church. I can't imagine what it will be like when she is a teenager....

Emily B said...

We are in need of some Jesus around here too. We need to be better about reading scriptures as a family. Olivia is such a doll.

Hootie & Chrissi said...

How sweet and precious. You must be doing something right. It amazes me how little kids can be such big examples.

Callisters said...

Honestly that it so sweet!

Alee and Brandon said...

That is so sweet! I love it when they say cute things like that!

janet said...

don't we all need a little more Jesus? so cute! I love that kids keep us on track!

ps. I am loving your dark hair!