Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Doggy Day Care

We are babysitting our friends Jake and Mandy's two dogs while they are in Mexico getting married. The dogs are still at their house, but we go over a couple of times a day to play with them and feed them. Livie is in heaven. She successfully coaxed one of the dogs out of the doggy door when she was timid of us. She is the animal whisperer. She is such a good helper, and fills up the dogs bowls and their water.
Isn't he such a cutie!

On another topic, things I have loved about today:

  • When I told Livie that she was driving me bananas, Dylan laughed and told her that she was driving him apples.

  • Livie doesn't show an iota of fear with an enormous German Shepard, but she thinks any baby that can walk is a deadly missile, bent on her destruction. I don't really love this, but it is so funny.

  • Dylan got a behavior buck at school, and didn't throw chairs at anyone. Yea Dyl!

  • I got so much accomplished today, and still had time to read my scriptures and take Livie to the park.

  • Livie peed in the potty again. I think as long as I don't push her, she will do it on her own time.

  • It is 7:30 and my kids are asleep in bed. Can it get any better.

I hope everyone else had a great day too!

9 comments:

The Reese's said...

That's so cute, and it doesn't surprise me that one of your kids would be an animal wisperer. :) I still have to laugh about Livie and the babies.

Chandra said...

Can your kids BE any cuter?? :-)

The Birds said...

I love reading your blog! Your family is SO cute! I love the picture at the top in the middle. You guys look great! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I had no idea. Now that our parents don't live in the same ward anymore, we never get the update! We were up in Tremonton for Mother's Day as well, so sad we missed you. We'd love to see you one of these times. Keep the blogs coming, they're great!
Love ya,
Chandi

Unknown said...

Hi! Your blog is really cute - I found it when I Googled "circus party" and Vegas --- I'm planning one for my son's 2nd b-day which is coming up soon! We live in Vegas, too and LOVE it. Would you mind telling me where that great water park in your pictures is located? I'd love to take my son! Thanks!! Lisa

Jon and Ashley said...

The water park in the pictures is in St. George, Utah. But there is one somewhat similiar in Exploration Park in Mountains Edge. (Here in the Southwest.) It is pretty fun. They just don't have the little streams. Only the pop up water. It has a fantastic connecting park though. Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Utah? Darn, that's a bit of a drive from our house in Southern Highlands. lol But actually thanks for the tip about Mountain's Edge - that's where my parents live, we went to Exploration park for the easter egg hunt, and take my son there frequently... I can't picture where the water feature is ... but we'll find it!! PS There are a couple of parks in SH with water features, too ---- but I was really drooling over that one from St. George!!! :-)

Alee and Brandon said...

How nice to doggy sit... Cute cute!

Emily B said...

I love that Livie loves the big dog that could probably eat her if he wanted to, but she is scared of babies. Hilarious. I'm glad you had a good day.

california smiths said...

Courtney was that way when I had to cat sit my neighbors cat. I love how kids love animals so much. Your kids are so cute to watch grow up!