Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Melanie



My best friend Melanie came to stay with me for a few days. We have been friends for over seven years, but we haven't seen each other in four. It was way too long. I was so excited for her to be here. We are so much alike. Even though it had been so long since we had seen each other, it was like we had never been apart. We had so much fun. My kids absolutely loved her. This was a conversation between Dyl and I.

Me: Do you like Melanie?

Dyl: Yeah, sure.

Me: She's pretty nice huh.

Dyl: Yeah, she's pretty cute.

It was so darling. He called her his Melody. Livie always had to be close to her. She is having twins in December, so it will probably be a while until she is able to come out here again. But I already asked Jon if I could go to Sacramento for my birthday present next year. I miss you already Mel!

2 comments:

Emily B said...

I know exactly what you mean. I see my best friend Jessica like once every other year, and when we get together, we just pick up where we left off. I'm glad you guys had a great time!

camille said...

I am so happy that you guys finally got to reunite. Melanie always talks about you and you are so important to her. You have been an amazing friend to her all these years. She loves you, too!!! We need to get her to start a blog, EH? I'm going home this weekend so that is my mission.