Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not so funny Sunday

Our past few Sunday's have been great. This Sunday wasn't the best. To start, Dylan had a bad crash with his dump truck and got a huge goose bump. Luckily, he didn't need stitches, and he didn't have a concussion. Also, my Grandpa Del has been very sick and has been on life support since Thursday. Today, they took him off. Everyone is just kind of waiting now, and that is pretty hard. I wish I could be there to help my grandma, but we are going up to the funeral this week. Since it has been such a blue Sunday for me, I have been trying to look for the more positive things. When Dylan was reading the hymn book in Sacrament meeting, he spelled
H-Y-M-N-S, that says songs. Too cute. Livie decided that I could not sing today. Every time I picked up the hymn book she started shrieking, No singing Mommy, No singing! She loves nursery though. She has a list of what she thinks is important in nursery.


  • Reagen

  • Josh

  • Bubbles

  • Goldfish

  • Crackers

  • Cookies

  • Jesus

Hopefully this list is not in the right order. I am also going to post a cartoon that I think perfectly suits me. (In case you have bad eyes, the cartoon reads: Sister Weaver devises a plan to avoid getting called as Relief Society President. Her shirt says: Can't Quilt, Won't Cook, Drinks Pepsi. Ohhh, so true!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know that I am thinking about you. Losing grandparents is very hard. Please let me know if there is something I can do for you. And Dylan is cute as usual, even with a goose egg!
Love,Kelly

The Reese's said...

sorry your sunday wasn't the best. we all have those days. that's fun that you guys will be coming up when there's a funeral. too bad it has to be for a sad reason.

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey Ash,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's been just a little over a year since my Grandpa died, I know how hard it is. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
You're kid's little comments crack me up! Oh, and by the way... can we get together when you get back? lol! We really are terrible at that!
Love ya!
Steph

Chandra said...

Hang in there. We're thinking about you.

The Holmgrens said...

Hey Ashley. I'm so sorry about your grandpa. My grandpa is going through the same thing sortof. I know that you know about the cancer. He had the tumor removed, and got a bad infection, and now we just found out he has a bloodclot in his lung. It is so terrible. I hope I get to see you when you come up this way. Love, Natalie

Emily B said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa, Ashley. It's so hard to lose grandparents.

autumn said...

I am so sorry about your grandpa. I hope things get better.

vickersfam said...

I hope you're doing all right during this hard time. We still need to take the walk I bought from you. So, if you'd like to get out and chat, let me know.
On the happier side, I think the Joshua-Livie thing is pretty funny. Their nursery teachers told me a couple weeks ago that they have a crush on each other and even have to separate them sometimes, such as when they roll on the ground together. I'm glad they like each other! We'll have to keep an extra eye on them now, though!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

So sorry about your lose!!! I hope Dylan is doing better, I will look around town for you.

Haguewood Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope you are hanging in there. I will remember you and your family in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!
hearyourcomments.blogspot.com
What Do YOU Think?

Anonymous said...

So sorry Ashley! We miss you!