Sunday, June 22, 2008

Best Birthday Party Ever

My birthday isn't officially until Monday, but my friends had a birthday party for me on Saturday. It was so much fun. We went shopping at Town Square, and found some really good stuff. Afterwards, we went to Olive Garden (my favorite) for dinner. I told my friend Rachel that I didn't want any fuss, or anyone to know that it was my birthday, and she promised she wouldn't tell anyone anything. Unfortunately she found a loop hole, and had my friend Stephanie bring Happy Birthday balloons to the restaurant. There was this one waiter in particular named Gary who was determined to make me as embarrassed as possible. He took some pictures for us, and also one of himself. He then had a gaggle of waiters come and sing to me. One of them was even dancing. So much for remaining inconspicuous.
Afterwards we went cosmic bowling. Rachel guilted me into bringing my balloons into the bowling alley with us. She even had Emily bring a cake. It was so incredibly sweet. We had so much fun, and I almost broke into triple digits with my bowling score. Towards the end of the night, I forgot about people looking at me, and we just had fun. Thank you so much to Rachel, Kelly, Emily, Taren, Natalie and Stephanie, for making it the best birthday party ever.
This is my present from my friend Stephanie, it is a
beautiful collage on canvas. I love it!
The kids enjoying my leftover party balloons.

15 comments:

vickersfam said...

It WAS a fun night! I'm glad to see the balloons got good use even after the official partying was over. You're such a wonderful person, Ashley, and deserved every minute of your short-lived glory. Happy birthday tomorrow!
P.S. You're very photogenic. It was discussed at the table and everyone agreed.

Emilee said...

What a fun celebration! Sorry I had to miss- the bowling looks like it was the best... cosmic style! Happy Birthday tomorrow!!

Emily B said...

Bowling was awesome! I'm sorry I missed the beginning of the party. I hope you have a good birthday tomorrow. I'm sure having Jon home will make it even better.

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey... you're such a hottie, I swear you are so photogenic! :) It was a great time. You deserved every bit of it! Have a good day tomorrow! Love ya....!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I hope Jon does something nice for you. Is Dylan in school during the summer? I know him and Nicholas would have a ton of fun together. Same with the girls. Email me and let me know what your summer plans are so we can get together. alisalund@gmail.com

The Reese's said...

happy birthday! looks like you had a lot of fun. that's tons better than just another day. you're officially older than me again :)

Alison Carter said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! You are such a sweet friend, you deserve a really great day!

california smiths said...

So fun! Happy Birthday!! What a fun group of girls.

The Holmgrens said...

Happy Birthday Ashley. I miss having friends, so there are goods and bads about having family close. I don't have any friends here.

Jeremy and Taren said...

Happy Birthday! I had a great time with you on Sat. We need to hang out more. Your such a wonderful person.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! Hope you had a great day. Looks like you had a fabulous party!

Joell said...

Happy birthday! It is so nice to have good fun friends to go and have a great time with! How else do we keep our sanity? I was in Vegas for like 10 hours (8 of it sleeping) last week. We stayed @ nancy and ross stokes' house which I guess is pretty close to yours! I wanted to come and visit but I didn't want to impose and we really were there for just a few short hours on our way to California and then we drove straight through on the way home! Maybe next time! Thanks for your help with the collages. I really do consider you a true friend! Sorry about the novel!

Alee and Brandon said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! Looks like you had TONS of fun!

Haguewood Family said...

Happy Birthday! I hear ya about the Olive Garden. I could live there. I am glad Dylan is doing so well.

janet said...

Happy Birthday! Wished I could have joined the party!! Glad you had a great day!

ps. love the collage made by Steph! how thoughtful!