Friday, June 13, 2008

Jonny


I think that my Jon is the best husband and father in the world. Since it is Fathers Day, there couldn't be better timing for me to brag about him. I decided to make a list of some of the things that I love about him.
He is an excellent provider.
He is a worthy priesthood holder.
He makes me and the kids laugh everyday.
He is never too busy to help other people.
He makes me feel like I am the most important person in the world to him.
He has taught Livie to waltz.
He pretends to be her "Beast" so she can be "Belle."
He can sense my mood before I even say anything.
He knows when he can tease me out of crabbiness, or when it is best to stay back.
He will watch chick flicks with me and tries to keep the sarcastic remarks quiet.
He is my support when I don't think I can make it through.
He is extremely handy.
He lets me sleep in on Saturdays.
When Dylan is having a bad day, he is the only one who can calm him down.
He has such a tender heart for children, especially those with disabilities.
He and I have the same sense of humor.
He won't dance in public, but you should see him pop and crump.
He makes dinner every Sunday.
He lets me talk out all of my frustrations, even if he has heard it five minutes earlier.
He has a darling dimple, exactly where Livie's is.
He calls me a nerd when I wear my glasses, but he just got his own pair, so now the joke is on him.
His laughter makes any funny show even funnier.
When I am sick he turns into Super dad and manages to do everything, including taking care of me.
He massages my neck when I have a headache.
He talks in his sleep.
His night time dreams make mine look more normal.
His hair is crazy in the morning.
He has taught Dylan and Livie to be tough and how to wrestle.
He can answer almost any gospel question I have.
He lets me tell him about the books I have read, even though I know it doesn't interest him at all.
He can tell by the way I look at the kids, that the outfits he picked, do not match at all.
He is still close with his mom and his family.
He would do almost anything to make me feel better about bad situations.
He loves our dogs, but tries to show it in a manly way, like throwing pillows at them, or tripping them when they go up the stairs.
He is teaching Dylan how to draw.
He makes up crazy words and sayings that make our kids go into hysterics.
We are complete equals in our marriage.
He is my best friend, and I love him more than anything in the world.

Happy Fathers Day Jonny!

2 comments:

Alee and Brandon said...

Cute post:) Hope they had a great Father's Day!

Emily B said...

Kevin can really dance, too, but he won't dance in public. I love these posts. By all you've posted about Jon, I can tell he is a good guy.