Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wall*E

We did something today that we have never done before. We took both kids to a movie. This is only Dylan's second time going to one, and the first time was a nightmare. We started preparing him the night before, and told him what to expect, so he was prepared. He did so incredible! We saw Wall*E, and it was such a cute movie. During the last 10-15 minutes, Dylan told us he was ready to go home, but Jon got him to stick it out until the end. Usually when he tells us he is done, we have to leave right then, or else a meltdown occurs. But he held it together so well. As soon as he got home he went to his room and has been playing there by himself since. I think he needed the down time. Livie does really well during movies, as long as she has popcorn. It is so amazing to me that he was able to do this. A year ago, we could hardly take him out in public, and now he is starting to do such typical things. I'm so proud of him.

8 comments:

The Simpson Family said...

This is great! He is ding better all the time, I know some "undiagnosed" kids who wouldn't have done as well. Congrats!

california smiths said...

So fun! We want to take our kids to go see that too! We might do it over this weekend, your post gave me hope!

vickersfam said...

I'm so glad he's doing better with outings and in general. He's so sweet. I noticed him looking at me several times today in primary where I was standing in the back. I'm not sure if he was remembering me or something else, but he had a pleasant and curious look on his face and was sitting so reverently.

Hibbard Family said...

Its great that Dylan is making such great progress, I can't imagine how good it must feel!

Anonymous said...

This to gives me hope! Thanks for the post! This is great!

Emily B said...

Rebecca saw Wall-E on Monday, and she keeps saying "A-Waaaaall-eeee" whenever she sees a commercial or poster for it. I'm glad Dylan did so well.

janet said...

that bottom picture of Dyl is SO cute! We can't wait to go ourselves!

Alison Carter said...

Yea for Dylan! Drew was also "Done" about 15 minutes before the movie was over, when we saw it! I'm glad you guys had a fun outing as a family to the movies!