Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daddy's are the Best

In my opinion, Jon is the best father ever. (I know I may be a little biased, but it's my blog, so I'm right.) He helps give baths, gets them dressed, makes them dinner, and loads of other stuff. But I think my favorite thing about Jon as a dad, is the silly games he plays with them. He makes stuff up that I would not even think about. For instance, his trash compactor game. He has them lay down on the floor, yells trash compactor and smushes them. One of their favorite games is the pillow toss. The kids run down the entryway, and Jon throws couch pillows at them and knocks them over. It made me a little nervous at first, but the kids LOVE it! They giggle hysterically and beg for more. They don't even hand me the pillows. Hopefully one day my kids will appreciate what an incredible father they have, almost as much as their mom does.

6 comments:

Emily B said...

Guys really aren't afraid to be rough with the kids. And kids seem to love it. Jon sounds like a super fun dad.

california smiths said...

It must be a guy thing, Adam does the pillow thing too. I'm always getting after him thinking he's going to hurt them, but Courtney LOVES it, too. We are very lucky, you seem to have gotten a really great guy~!

Callisters said...

We are very lucky to have involved husbands and yes I hope that our kids will always remember how great their dads are, but.... I also get nervous when they start rough housing and I often wonder if it is too much, but I am glad to hear it is other homes as well. I need to be less up tight about it!

The Reese's said...

it's nice to hear about dads that are active with their kids. coby does the rough house thing too. i think it's good to toughin them up a little. :)

Wendy said...

I love how dads always seem to find these crazy rowdy games to play with the kids, and how it's only fun if DAD plays it with them.

Joell said...

Mom husband is so the same way! He always takes care of our kids and even does the same pillow toss thing with Ellie! I too at first was nervous but she love it so much!