Thursday, April 3, 2008

Patience

Patience is something that I always wish I have more of. Every night when I say my prayers, I ask Heavenly Father to help me have more patience. I have heard that when you ask Heavenly Father to help you with something, he gives you trials and situations, where you can learn to gain more of what you are in need of. Sometimes, I think Heavenly Father gets creative when he thinks of new situations to help my patience level. For instance, our insurance company. We have excellent insurance, so I was quite surprised when we got a bill for Livie's immunizations in January. I knew it must have been a mistake so I called our insurance company Pacificare. I talked to them at night and they told me that their claims department was closed, but got all of my information and promised a call first thing in the morning. When that call never came, I decided to call them back. As I talked to the lady, she told me that they had no record of my phone call, but not to worry, they would get my information and solve the problem right away. As I was on hold, I got a lot accomplished. I made a casserole for dinner that night, and did the dishes. All the while, I was getting more and more impatient. Could there really be that many people in Las Vegas who had an insurance question? Or were there workers just sitting around drinking coke and laughingly saying, I wonder how long this schmuck will stay on hold. After about 45 minutes on hold, I thought about hanging up. But I stopped myself, Don't do it I said, that is what they want from you. After 56 minutes, I finally talked to them and the problem was solved. I think I failed my patience test miserably. When I pray tonight, I am going to ask Him to give me a rest from patience trials. I think I have enough patience to make it through the weekend.

7 comments:

jfb said...

That's too funny! it sounds to me like you passed your test today. I'm sure I would have hung up. I love reading your posts, Ashley!

Chandra said...

Ashley! I found you!!! Wow! This is so fun! I love that you blog! Now I can blog stalk you and know what you're doing every day! I sure miss you and think about you a lot! You're looking fantastic and those kids of yours are sure gorgeous!!!! KIT!

autumn said...

I hate insurance issues. I once filed a complaint and after a lot of stress and issues, I ended up getting a lot of money back. Fight the machine!

Emily B said...

Patience is also a weakness of mine. I lose it a lot with my kids. And just reading about your call with the insurance company was giving me anxiety. You've inspired me to start praying for more patience.

Callisters said...

Very fun and Amen Sista! Isn't being a mom day in and day out all our patience can handle!

camille said...

Oh man, do I ever know what you mean! I think every time I have a good experience with being patient, the next day is always the worst I've had in a while. I, too, always pray for patience and I'm thinking someday I might have more. I always thought of myself as uber patient...then I had kids. I was so surprised that I was far from it. It truly is a heavenly virtue, eh?!

Joell said...

I have the same problem and also pray every night for a lot more patience! But yeah 56 minutes on hold that is just insane!