Friday, April 18, 2008

A Day at the Farm

We had parent's day at Dyl's school today. We went to a place called Mckee Ranch. It was so much fun. They had so many horses and other farm animals. Here are a few pictures to show off our adventure.This goat was so funny. He was so skittish of all the kids, but Livie went up to him and kept saying, it's okay sweetheart. It was so darling. Then the goat started rubbing it's head on her legs. She thought it was so great! He followed her around the farm the whole time. All of the horses were nipping at her shirt, I think they thought it was real flowers or something. She kept telling me they were tickling her and wanted them to do it again. She reminds me so much of myself that it is scary.

Livie wasn't scared of feeding the horses at all. Every time they took the carrots, she squealed. She kept chasing the rooster, trying to give it a hug. Dylan made it his sole mission to find everything with wheels, from hubcaps to wagons. He loved it all. His favorite was the yellow car.


Dylan fell in love with this car. He made us say goodbye to it twice before we could leave.


Both of the kids loved the playground. This place is free and you can go anytime you want. So if any of you Las Vegas people have kids that love animals, this is a really fun place to go.

5 comments:

Nances said...

I just caught up on all your posts. They were so fun to read. You guys are always doing something fun. I love the ones of Livie singing at night..too sweet. Vegas really looks like a great place to live.

california smiths said...

Isn't funny that where we live now we go on trips to the zoo, but where we grew up it was totally normall!

Callisters said...

I too just got caught up on all of your posts. It sounds like you guys have had a great couple of weeks! I am sure it is so nice to have your parents come and visit, honestly there is nothing like a visit from your parents (espically your mom!). Today we went to the farm with Alec's school, it must be the season of visiting the farms! I love reading about Dylan with his cars, he is just like Marcus. I honestly don't know if Marcus will ever give up on playing with cars. But that is awesome Dylan knows how to turn on his camera, I don't think Alec would have a clue! Well thanks for the updates, I love reading them. You have darling children!

The Reese's said...

i can't believe how much you guys do! it make me feel like i need to be taking my kids out more and letting them have a bunch of fun activities. all i'd have to do is take them to grandpa stans for that same experience and yet i don't! :)

Emily B said...

Rebecca would love this place. I'll have to talk to you about it.