Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Confrence

I absolutely loved General Conference this year. There were so many wonderful talks, and I learned a lot of lessons. I noticed every speaker mentioned something about President Monson and how strong they felt about him being the new prophet. I was so touched by that. I loved President Hinckley so much, and felt a sadness every time they mentioned him. But listening to President Monson, that sadness has gone away. He is such an incredible man, and you can see how humbled he is to be in this position and also how there isn't a better person to be the prophet. I also loved Elder Uchtdorf. He gave a wonderful talk, and you can feel his love for the people in the church. I think my favorite talk was given by Elder Ballard. He talked about mothers, and gave us some extremely helpful pointers. I know that I can learn so much from him. I am so grateful to be a member of this church and to have such wonderful men leading it. I am so blessed to have my family, and such a strong faith in Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Joell said...

Ash, I totally felt the same way! Conference touched me so much and While Elder Ballard was speaking I kept getting interupted by my kids, but still it was my favorite! I loved when he said something to the effect that the Joys of motherhood come in mooments! It is so true! We just need to make sure we are there waiting for those great moments! Great Blog!

california smiths said...

I guess every mom loved Elder Ballard's talk. I loved it when he asked the bishops to go easy on young mother's. I thought, "Tell me about it". All of the talks were so good. President Monson's talks were wonderful too. He truly is a prophet of God! Loved it!!

Hootie & Chrissi said...

Hey Ashley- I found your blog! I enjoyed conference too. I'm not a mother, but I really enjoyed Elder Ballards talk. I love his sense of humor and he uses it so appropriately. His talk applied t everyday life as well. I'm glad I found your blog. It will be fun to keep up with you. I'm making you one of my friends. :) Hope all is going well, your kids are darling. Chrissi