Monday, April 14, 2008

Night of Too Many Stars


Last night on Comedy Central, they hosted a benefit to raise money for autism education. They had so many incredible performers. There really were so many different celebrities there. They raised a ton of money, and they showed some of the programs that they have implemented with the money they raised last year. At the end of the show, Jon Stewart had people in the audience stand up and donate money. One lady donated $50,000. It just blew me away. I couldn't help but cry as I watched countless people stand up and donate thousands of dollars. I'm sure that most of them don't even have children with autism. I am so blessed to live in a state that has such an incredible program, and to have fantastic insurance that pays for an Occupational Therapist. But I know that there are many families out there who do not have the same types of resources. I also know that there are so many worthy causes out there, that need more money for research, and other necessities, but as a mother of a little boy with High Functioning autism and sensory integration disorder, I am so very grateful that people gave money for our cause.

1 comment:

Emily B said...

Was Tine Fey there? I love her. What a great thing. I'm glad you got to watch it.