Monday, March 24, 2008

Back to school


Dylan went back to school today. He just had a two week break. Now I know that doesn't sound very long, but it felt way too long. He has such a hard time being out of school. Every time they have a big break like this, Dylan always regresses. He was excited to be going back to school too. He kept asking for it. I think Livie was very pleased as well, to have her mommy all to herself. This morning, Dylan was completely in his own world. He would hardly talk to me and was just mumbling to himself. I was putting away laundry and he was sitting on the bed, when out of the blue he said, yep, mommy's going to leave you, mmmhhhh. Yep, mommy's going to leave you. I think he was preparing himself for being dropped off. I thought I would be so happy when he was back in school, but I find myself missing him terribly. When I see his dozen or so Auto Mart magazines spread around the house, I have this longing feeling for him. I guess that is what is so great about children. Just when you think it's good that you get a break, you wish they were with you even more than before.

5 comments:

Joell said...

Ash your kids are so cute! It will be so fun to keep in touch this way.

The Reese's said...

Hey Ash, looks like you guys have had a lot of on Dylan's break which is great. Keep having fun.

Callisters said...

I have to agree two weeks is hard for any kid to take off from school and then are just supposed to get right back into the swing of things, I would have a hard time taking a two week break! I have so much to get caught up on with your cute little family!

Harmony said...

Hi Ashley! I just found your blog and I am so happy to find another jason mraz fan. I am a little obsessed with him...and can't wait for his new cd to come out next month....but anyway, your kids are so cute and your little girl looks just like you! It's nice to see you and your family, it's been so long. take care.

Emilee said...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder! Plus you get to cherish the moments you DO have with him! You have such a fantastic perspective.