Thursday, March 27, 2008

Las Vegas

Jon and I have lived in Las Vegas for about four and a half years now. Since I have been here, I have noticed that it gets a pretty bad rap. Every time I tell someone where we are living, their response is almost always the same. "Oohhhhh, really? Do you like that?" Even my mom and mother in law are convinced that Las Vegas is going to burn to the ground. So, on that note, I would like to list a few reasons, why I love the Fabulous Las Vegas.

*The weather. Yes, we do have three months of torturous heat, but the other nine months of the year are fantastic. I try really hard not to laugh at my parents when they are getting snow on one of the last days of March, because they always rub it in June-August.


*My friends. I have made some of the most wonderful friends down here. They are all so supportive and helpful and would do anything to help each other.


*The church. The constant joke in our family is that the church is truer here then in Utah. I don't really believe that, but I love the wards down here. Both of the ones I have been in have been wonderful. The bishop treats everyone like they are a member of a big family.


*The strip. I know, before you go crazy one me, there are some great, family fun things to do there. They have an FAO Schwartz, the M&M Factory, Coke Factory (my personal favorite), and let's not forget, the Auto Collection Museum.


*The little places. There are endless things to do here. Not only do we have some of the best parks and shopping places, but Vegas has tons of little things to do everywhere. Like Bonnie Springs, Spring Mountain Ranch, The Springs Preserve and lots of others.


*The school district. I have nothing but praise for the Clark County school district. Dylan has been in the system for over a year now. He has had two fantastic teachers who have helped him immensely and are so supportive.


*Shannon. Anyone who knows me knows who this great lady is. She is Dylan's Occupational Therapist. She is amazing! She goes above and beyond the limit for Dylan.


Those are just a few of the reasons I love it here. Although I miss my extended family terribly, home is here, with my little family.

4 comments:

The Reese's said...

wow ash you can almost make someone want to move to vegas :) or at least visit it sounds like you can have a lot more fun than in boring garland

janet said...

Amen sista! I agree with everything you said.. except for the part about Shannon, but that's just because I haven't met her.

and our bishop totally emphasizes the "ward family"-- and it is an EXCELLENT ward..

Emily B said...

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, and I'm convinced that it is going to be the first city to burn when it all ends.

Carina Coderis said...

Hi nice post you got here... las Vegas is almost a perfect place to visit and there are lots of Things to do in Las Vegas like visiting popular places and tourist attractions... :)